Trash & Recycling Service
Trash & Recycling
Beginning May 01, 2020, trash services will be handled by Republic Services. One 95 gallon trash cart will be delivered to residential and commercial hand collect addresses prior to this date.
Trash will be picked up twice per week and recycling will be one day per week:
- Broadway (Even Numbers) and North - Monday and Thursday
- Broadway (Odd Numbers) and South - Tuesday and Friday
- Recycling - Wednesday Only
- All trash must be bagged and placed inside the cart.
- Carts should be placed at the curb no later then 7 am on your service day.
- Additional trash carts will be available for order after May 01, 2020 for an additional cost per month. Call City Hall
- Carts must be at least 3 feet away from any other objects; mailboxes, parked vehicles, meters, fire hydrants, utility poles, etc
- Personal containers cannot be used and Republic Services will not be responsible for damage to personal containers.
- Broken and/or damaged carts will be replaced or repaired by Republic Services.
- Stolen carts will be replaced after the resident files a police report.
- Carts are numbered and are the property of Republic Services and must remain at the designated address.
- Bulk Items: Republic will provide bulk item curbside collection on Thursday for all areas of the City. To schedule a pick up, please call 903-986-5324.
Collection may include up to two bulk items (sofas, mattresses, washing machines, etc.)
- Leaves should be dry and securely bagged (20 bag limit per pickup day). Bundles should be securely tied and should weigh no more than 35 lbs.
- Recycling: Residents that wish to participate in recycling services need to fill out the "yes sign me up" card or call 903-986-5324.
Do not bag Recycling
Assistance for the Disabled
Assistance will be provided to those households that have no able-bodied person to transport the cart to the curb and back.
Please call Republic Services at 903-986-5324 or City Hall to set up this service.
Green Waste Site
Utility Customers may dispose of brush and limbs (only) at the Green Waste Site:
515 East to County Road 4400 on the right, to the dead-end of County Road 4403 on the left.
Hours: Tuesday and Thursday 7 am-noon
- Leaves and Brush Only, no construction trash.
- All leaves must be emptied from bags in the ditch. Do not leave bags.
- The person disposing of trash must be able to establish residency within the City Limits by means of a current bill from the City.
- Tree cutters and lawn services shall not bring brush from the County into the Green waste disposal.