City of Winnsboro Statement on Coordinated Efforts Regarding Coronavirus (Covid-19)
The health and safety of our citizens, officials, and employees is our top priority. We will work to do all we can to prevent the possible transmission of the COVID-19 virus. Everyone must be willing to follow the guidelines set out by the Centers for Disease Control and the Texas Department of State Health Services during this time. Here are a few of the most important safeguards we must adhere to:
- If you are experiencing fever, fatigue, cough, or shortness of breath, DO NOT go to work. Please self-check daily before going to work. Signs and symptoms of COVID-19 may appear 2 to 14 days after exposure. The severity of symptoms can range from very mild to severe. This is similar to what is seen with other respiratory illnesses, such as influenza.
- Use proper cleaning techniques. Take personal responsibility to clean and disinfect frequently using a regular disinfecting household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Practice safe hand hygiene. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Practice everyday prevention. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth. Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. Avoid sharing dishes, glasses, bedding, and other household items if you are sick.
- Social distancing is a concept where one attempts to remain two meters, or about six feet, away from others. This is one way to reduce the possibility of transmission of the virus by sick persons. If you or a family member is sick, stay home and limit contact with others.
- While a challenging situation, we will get through it with positive attitudes and healthy practices. We must be smart, proactive, and utilize good common sense. We are in this together and we will make it through it stronger. City employees are here to assist the citizens in any way we can.